Wednesday, April 28, 2010

same but different....

As you know Addison is obsessed with diggers, both these layouts were taken on the same day but the concept behind the layouts are totally different.

This first one which I have used with my gorgeous friend taryn as our photo challenge for this month (where we use photos from the same batch and scrap them to see how different they turn out) chronicles Addison's way of still playing on his own, he loves playing with the kids on the street but he also loves his solitude and gets so engrossed in what he is doing he forgets about everyone else.


Both layouts have gorgeous chippies from 3tails and I have used one of their large chipboard diggers to mist over with some yummy chocolate glimmermist.



This second layout which I have used for a fun scrapbook relay over at scrapawhile tells the story of Addison's continued obsession with diggers and dirt.



AHHHH dirt!!!


I hope you pop on over to taryn's blog to check out her take on our challenge too and please come back on Saturday for some more reveals I have to share.



Till next time...



15 comments:

Taryn said...

Wow, Kim. You never cease to amaze me with your immaculate sense of style. That 1st layout is stunning!! And you know I LOVE the 2nd one, too. Thanks for playing along with the challenge. I better go choose some pics for next time!

Tarrah McLean said...

Wow Kim...LOVE your work SO much....I have even been over to 3tails and got me some chippie shapes for Luke's pages!! You inspire me SO much with your boyish layouts...I LOVE them all...thanks matey xx

Chloe said...

I am in awe! These are stunning!! I just LOOOVVVEEE what you have done with the misting in the first one!

Lydia said...

Kim the color in that top photo is amazing and I love the misted back hoe!! Another piece of wonderful art!

Moonie said...

So amazing Kim.. your work is just so creative and I love to see what you come up with every time. Love the colors too Kim. xx

Frances said...

Gracious...I love these. So masculine, yet artsy...they are really amazing.

Stephanie said...

Love Love Love your blog banner!!!!!!!!!
Steph
xo

Pearl said...

wow ! that digger makes for an awesome mask alrite ! fab fab layouts , Kim ! loveee !

Marcy Smith said...

nothin to say its all been said your trendsetter Kim and your work...totally ROCKS!!! (oh it helps I have three boys so you are a constant source of inspiration with yours!!!)

Ann-Marie said...

YOU ROCK!! I am speechless!!

Natalie said...

WOW Kim...as usual you have blown me away with your creativeness....just gorgeous!!!

Taryn said...

LOVE your new banner by the way xx

Anonymous said...

I love that sun flare, the idea of using chipboard to mist, that chipboard, your layout! BTW, I ordered some goodies from 3tails and it's in the post! Can't wait to get it! Thanks for the recommendation!

Belinda said...

LOVE these layouts Kim. Love the light in the photo on Solitude. Great glimmermisting on the second one too. B-)

Anonymous said...

Oh I love that solitude page and you make plain chipboard look so GOOD! (LOL).