Lets see how I created my foiled eggs.
1. Gather your supplies- eggs, food colouring, Minc Reactive foil and Minc Reactive paint.
2. Choose your food colouring and add about 20 drops into a bowl, a teaspoon of vinegar, and some boiled water. Lower your eggs inside the bowl till they are covered. Allow to sit in the liquid until the desired shade of colour is achieved.
3. Remove the eggs and allow to dry.
4. Using your finger spread a thin layer of the reactive paint over the egg. Allow the paint to dry till it is tacky and almost dry.
5. Take some of the foil and wrap around the egg and pounce the foil on and off the egg. Some of the foil will randomly transfer onto the egg.
What a stunning effect the foil creates. I love the gold but how incredible would it look with a variety of colours of foil to coordinate with your coloured eggs. The Reactive paint gives a stunning sheen on your eggs , adding to the elegant feel!
My Minc foiled eggs now sit proudly in the centre of our dining room table for all to admire.