I am honoured to be Guest Designing for Bella Blvd this month! They have always been a favourite. I love their new Star Student collection and I couldn't help but team it with this photo of my eldest on the first day of school!
I added some typed journaling to my cardstock before adding the pattern paper!
A smattering of stickers and letters complete my layout!
Thanks for popping by, ill be back soon to share a few more projects I created for Bella Blvd this month!
Sharing another fun layout using February's Hip Kit club kit.
This layout celebrates the memory of our kids waiting anxiously for us to arrive back in Brisbane after Gail and my trip to CHA in LA in January!
This photo melts my heart.
I added some gold thread to one of the exclusive wood veneer pieces to create a cute balloon.
When I saw this months Mood board over at Jot magazine I couldn't wait to play along, the colours were just my colours - so fresh and inviting!
I decided to try something a little different with my layout, I wanted to include some dried flowers on it and I came up with this! I used the delish new Heidi Swapp Wanderlust collection as well as the Minc Foil applicatoron my layout.
Here you can see my dried flowers I have inclosed inside a laminating sheet that I put through my Minc. I had previously foiled one of the Minc ephemera pieces and I had that gorgeous gold foil "here" left over so I placed that and my dried flowers inside the laminating sheet too.
I wanted a bright pop of yellow on my layout so I used my We R Memory Keepers Rose die and a scrap of Hello Today pattern paper and layered it over my photo.
I created a quick tutorial to share how I added the dried flowers to my layout.
1. I chose some flowers and laid them in between some book pages of a heavy book and added some extra heavy books on top. I left the flowers in between the book pages for 10 days.
2. I removed the flowers and laid them in between two pieces of laminating sheets along side a foil embellishment and then ran it through my Minc.
3. Finally I trimmed around the sealed sheet and rounded the corners and added it to my layout.
* The beauty of using the Minc is that the laminating pouch is completely sealed not just around the edges so it can be trimmed wherever and will remain sealed. The Minc uses 4 rollers so it has even heat distribution across the whole machine which allows for even sealing. *
I just love this technique and I know Ill be doing it again!
I hope you get a chance to play along with the mood board its a beauty!
Recently I was inspired by this image I found on Pinterest and wanted to add a custom piece to my home decor using the Heidi Swapp Minc Foil Applicator .
1. I began in my go to editing program Powerpoint and found a font I liked and typed out my name and printed it off onto white paper.
2. I then trimmed a piece of Heidi Swapp paper from the September Skies collection to the same size as my paper and took it to my local copy place and had it printed onto the pattern paper. ( *remember the foil adheres to the Toner based ink*)
3. I then laid a piece of the Gold reactive foil over the writing and ran it through my Minc machine.
Popping in to share a layout from the February kit from Hip Kit club.
For this one I did a bit of fussy cutting for my title, and added a qr code of my son singing his little tune. That door pattern paper remind me of English doors which then reminded me of his Grand Old Duke of York puppet!
For Valentines day my boys and I have came up with a couple of small gifts for my husband that I hoped would show him how much we love him. He is a coffee lover so I came up with a few ideas that will keep him happy and wanted to gift wrap them simply but in a masculine way. I also wanted to include my boys in the gift wrapping and came up with this solution!
I Combined the new Heidi Swapp Minc, the new Wanderlust collection and a foiled photograph each of my boys as the key elements in my gift wrapping.
I began with photographs of my boys that I took on my phone and edited in my favourite photo editing app Pic Tap Go. I added the paperboy filter to give it a comic strip look. I then printed off my photo and took it to my local copy shop and had it printed onto thin card on their copy machine. Once I got home I had my boys join me in my scrapbooking room and we went to work with my Minc and a few pieces of the Minc Reactive foil sheets.
My first gift holds some vouchers to his favourite coffee shop. I wrapped the box with the classic brown paper for a masculine feel.
I love the blue foil on this photo which is highlighted by that gorgeous gold glittery frame from the Memory Planner Frames pack
I then laid on one of the Wanderlust Lace paper’s for some texture followed by a piece of Meadow Bloom paper from September Skies. Then I added a Wanderlust WaterColor Tag alongside a Wanderlust envelope. I added the photo and wrapped some American Crafts twine around the whole package and hot glued that Project Life Gold Chipboard Heart to complete.
My second gift holds some of his favourite coffee pods. Again I wrapped the box in brown paper to begin. My younger son Chose to Foil his photo with Red which I then matted with a piece of 6×6 Alpine Rose pattern paper from September Skies
I took some left over foil from a previous project. I had foiled a piece of 12 x 12 Signature paper with Gold foil and was left with this gorgeous piece of foil left over. I trimmed it to size and wrapped it around the box. I then laid on a Wanderlust printed Kraft tag and added a Cupcake Topper I foiled in Gold. I tied the tag and photo with some of the September Skies Stitched Banners and finished off with some leather twine to add a masculine touch.
I can't wait for the Minc to arrive in Australia, you will be addicted like me!