Friday, July 25, 2014

4 little Super Heroes

This project was up on the Heidi Swapp blog recently.

 I  visited Movie World here on the Gold Coast in Australia in the school holidays with my boys and their little friends and the 4 of them  had on their Super Hero capes. As we walking through the streets towards the rides suddenly they all came together and there was this melt my heart moment... so I grabbed my iphone and snapped some photos.

I knew I wanted to create a special layout to celebrate this memory. As I had several photos from that moment and several more from the day I decided to create a layout with a bit of a twist. I used the Favorite Things Memory File kit on my layout to add an interactive component.

pow @kimjeffress @heidiswapp #heidiswapp #heidiswapphellofavoritethings #scrapbooking #DIY

I totally love the layers I have created on my layout using this technique!

pow @kimjeffress @heidiswapp #heidiswapp #heidiswapphellofavoritethings #scrapbooking #DIY

I  grabbed the black and white striped Memory File from the kit and  hung it over the top of my layout. I then taped the  back of the memory file to the back of my layout, leaving the front to act as a large flap. I then went ahead and embellished the front of the memory file.

pow @kimjeffress @heidiswapp #heidiswapp #heidiswappfavoritethings #DIY #scrapbooking

I began by matting my photo with the back side of the  glitter cover  from the Hello Glitter Cover from JoAnn. I used this misting technique that Heidi shared on My Craft Channel recently, using Gold Lame and Sweet Cherry Colorshine as well as the Mini striped stencil from the Mini patterns set on  my Embossed Jumbo Number 4 . I then added in stickers from the Sticker sheet in the Memory File kit as well as Epoxy words and shapes from Favorite Things.

pow @kimjeffress @heidiswapp #heidiswapp #heidiswappfavoritethings #DIY #scrapbooking

I then laid the 6x6 polka dot stencil over one of the Water Color star tags and misted it with Citron ColorShine. I added the glitter 3x4 card from JoAnn and one of the Color Magic arrows also misted in Gold Lame. To complete I stamped stars from the Mini Party Stamps, added epoxy stars and arrows from the Puffy Sticker sheet, more stickers from the Memory File Kit and I added that circle from the  Favorite Things Ephemera pack.

pow @kimjeffress @heidiswapp #heidiswapp #heidiswappfavoritethings #DIY #scrapbooking

Once the Cover is flipped up you can see I added in the long green triangle/floral Memory File and the Hello Photo stack also both from the kit. To begin with I pulled apart the photo stack to leave just the one flap. I then adhered the back of the photo stack to my layout and then layered over and adhered  the long floral one. The photo stack now acts as a closure to the memory file. I embellished it with that sticker form the kit  and a punched glitter arrow.

pow @kimjeffress @heidiswapp #heidiswapp #heidiswapphellofavoritethings #scrapbooking #DIY

Once the photo stack is opened I layered a piece of vellum and the Mixed Floral  pattern paper onto the front of the long Memory File. I then used a sheet from the Favorite Things 6x6 pad to create a pocket. I simple added adhesive to the sides and bottom of the pattern paper. I matted my photo with another sheet from the 6x6 pad and added some fun embellishments down the side including Word Jumble Stickers, Puffy Stickers, Stickers from the kit and that Color Pop  chipboard word.

pow @kimjeffress @heidiswapp #heidiswapp #heidiswapphellofavoritethings #scrapbooking #DIY

Tucked into the pocket is the Water Color Tag misted with  Gold Lame and the 6x6 Polka Dot stencil. Once dry I rolled it through my typewriter to add my journaling. I've also added an extra favorite photo as well.

pow @kimjeffress @heidiswapp #heidiswapp #heidiswapphellofavoritethings #scrapbooking #DIY

Lifting up the Memory file I have more photos inside. This time I adhered the Seeing Stripes pattern paper to act as a mat for my three photos.

pow @kimjeffress @heidiswapp #heidiswapp #heidiswapphellofavoritethings #scrapbooking #DIY

I embellished each photo with Puffy Stickers, Ephemera pieces, Epoxy Words and sequins. I also added the tab to the Memory file and Used the Best Day Ever set to add my stamping element.

pow @kimjeffress @heidiswapp #heidiswapp #heidiswapphellofavoritethings #scrapbooking #DIY

Finally I added in a little home made shaker box. I laid a piece of clear acrylic over the back of the window of the glitter frame and then  added some foam tape around the window. I tipped some punched stars and sequins into the area where I was going to place my frame and then adhered my frame on top.

pow @kimjeffress @heidiswapp #heidiswapp @heidiswappfavoritethings #scrapbooking #DIY

There you have it. A way to add extra photos to a project without creating a mini album or adding photos into a photo collage. A super fun and interactive layout that I can now cherish long into the future when those littlies are too "proud" to wear those Super Hero capes any more!

5 comments:

Lizzy Hill said...

NEVER too old for a superman cape, I say!!! You are the QUEEN of doing these interactive LOs & they work sooo beautifully....love all the little bits - especially the shaker 'box' & that star with the cut out is pretty neat too....oh, & the circle bg pp....great page:):)

Ashley Horton said...

Such a great memory to scrap, Kim! I love the idea of using the Memory a File on your layout,not add in the extra photos!!

bernii miller said...

I just love this layout Kim :) So fun!!

Lizzyc said...

There is always more to your layouts than meets the eye, and there is so much thought put into this one.. love the photos of the special super friends.. It looks like a wonderful day!

Patricia Roebuck said...

You are so creative. This is amazing! Makes me wish I could see in person! And agree that photo of them together. Oh my. Kodak moment. Or nowadays iPhone moment.