Thursday, June 19, 2014

travel mini ...

Over on the Heidi Swapp blog the latest Make Pretty Stuff ebook was recently released. ( link in my sidebar).  It is full of beautiful projects that Heidi, the team and I created using the new Joann collections. I shared this pre made travel journal that can be prepared in advance and then taken on your next holiday.
I started off with the the Mini Tag album and used the Ephemera pieces, Numbers and Words Stamps to complete my journal.


I used some seam binding to hold  it all together.



I added a plastic pocket to the front  inside cover to hold tickets.


Adding some  Velcro dots for easy closure.


I added one of the large Die Cut tags to add an extra page in the album.



Throughout the journal you can see I added lots of stamping to add an edgy feel.


Here I cut a window in one of the pages and added some clear plastic inside the window to hold photos.


I trimmed a piece of pattern paper and pushed it through the centre of the tag album to form a flap.



Extra tags for journaling.



Here you can see I added a glitter 3x4 card for some interest.


The back side of the extra flap.



A spot to hold all those plastic keys you seem collect.



I used the day stamps to keep track of  spending.



At the end I added in another clear plastic  sleeve for extra storage .



Be sure to check out the other beautiful projects in the Make Pretty Stuff  ebook, you will not be disappointed.



Photobucket

10 comments:

Lizzy Hill said...

This is fabulous! Love the little nooks & crannies to pop extra 'stuff' & the stamping looks great! Must pop on over & see what else has been made:):)

lisa said...

Love this. What gorgeous stamps!!

Ashley Horton said...

Really cute album, Kim!! Love the mix of Pink and Teal!!

Leanne said...

such a fabulous project!!

Lizzyc said...

You make the most wonderful little albums, always so full of fabulous embellishment even before you add the photos.. this looks marvellous!

Nathalie said...

This is very cool Kim! I totally noticed the "edgy" or freestyle look and it's perfect for a travel mini! Would love to take it on my summer trips ;)

Tarrah McLean said...

What a fantastic idea! Love this mini album...awesome stamping x

bappleicious said...

What a great little keepsake

Marelize said...

Wow! This is stunning Kim. Full of gorgeous interesting detail. Love it. :)

Patricia Roebuck said...

Such a fun mini! Will be so fun to fill up with memories!