Wednesday, June 4, 2014

American Crafts Guest Designer

I was so very honoured several weeks ago when I received  an email from Paige Evans asking me if I would like to be a   Guest Designer for American Crafts. I was very very excited and couldn't wait for my box of goodies to arrive. This week American Crafts have been showcasing banners so my 5 projects ( 3 layouts, a card and an otp project ) had to include banners.
My first layout utilized the pretty patterns in that Dear Lizzy Daydreamer paper as a base for my layout. I then created a blocked effect with pattern papers and rubons to complete my layout.


My new favourite photo of my husband and I taken on Mothers Day, at the beach.


For the banner I simply trimmed some scrap paper into small triangles and stitched them down with my sewing machine.


I wanted my second layout to be vibrant and fun, I have had these photos of my first time  meeting Amy Tangerine when she came to Australia 2 years ago just waiting to be scrapped, and when I received the Plus One collection I knew straight away what I was going to create.


The  diecuts placed randomly  create a fun background and I made a tone on tone banner for a bit of extra texture to my page.



For my third  layout I grabbed some American Crafts white cardstock and my water colours to create my background mat. Once dry I machine stitched to frame the water colour block.  I layered it over that striped pattern paper to repeat the striped effect.


Another banner stitched using my machine.


My favourite photo of my son and his best friend.


I wanted a bright bold card so I could use those fun acrylic Die Cut shapes from the #Summer collection. I layered several pieces of paper from the Plus One collection and added some machine stitching. To complete I tied some twine around the top of the banner and stapled the acrylic pieces in place.


Finally, I made a little holiday/vacation bag that can be filled with crayons and pencils for the kids or a book, sunglasses and lotion for me and popped into the car ready to go. I opened the calico bag and slipped the bag into the bottom of my sewing machine and stitched the banners on. To complete I added in that painted peg for a bit of extra fun!


What an honour and privilege it has been this week to be GD at American Crafts, I am very thankful !

Photobucket

7 comments:

Sue Plumb said...

Congrats on your GDT spot Kim, it's VERY well deserved! You have showcased the AC goodies perfectly and rocked every one of these projects! (Although I think the one of you & hubby is my fave, it's divine!) You have well and truly perfected your signature style, keep it up! X

Ashley Horton said...

Congrats on guesting for AC, Kim!! Love all of your projects! So bright and fun!

Lizzyc said...

You use color sooo well! These are cute, vibrant and lively, as well as really lovely too!!

Patricia Roebuck said...

You did so awesome!! Congrats!!

bernii miller said...

This is is pretty , fun and bright Kim.. Loving those little banners :)

Leanne said...

wooooooo hooooo!

Chloe said...

So MANY gorgeous creations, Kim!! I love the pink and yellow together!