Sunday, June 15, 2014

The Dam builders

This month over at Scraptastic I got to play with the Sail kit and Add-On. Today I am sharing 2 of the 4 layouts I made with the kits.
 They were perfect for a recent beach adventures with my boys. I also took a spin on the nautical theme and turned it into lego page!


From my stash I bundled some teal thread and layered it under that wood veneer crab to make him pop!


The kit had these gorgeous photo overlays which were the perfect finishing touch to my layout!


My second layout- Lego Love tells the story from a few years ago of a family outing to the museum that was holding a lego building exposition.


I snuck in the stamps from the other Scraptastic kit the Best Day Of My life which complemented my photos perfectly!


When I look at these photos I can see my boys have grown so much...but their love for lego is still going strong!


Photobucket

7 comments:

Ashley Horton said...

Awesome designs Kim!! I love that cute anchor paper on your first layout and the way you used the flair button in your Lego title!

Leanne said...

wowsers!!! Knowing when you got your kit... I am super impressed!! ;D You have created such gorgeous LOs!!! LOVE them both! ..x

Lizzyc said...

These layouts look amazing, full of color and great photos for the story's you are telling.. and lego is the best investment for kids I reckon!

Lizzy Hill said...

DARLING pages...that flair on the Lego one...DROOL!! And I always like how you do multi pic pages like the top one.....looks great:):)

Heather Jacob said...

love love love , your choice of colors is pure magic x

jamie said...

i do not even know what happened to my comment...a little wonky there for some reason....what was meant to be said was: 'ya nailed that whole beachy feel with the top layout'. LoL!!! that's better...sorry about that.
~j

Tarrah McLean said...

Both of these are so you Kim! Love the bright colours and your clean lines...both are gorgeous x