Friday, August 17, 2018

Heidi Swapp Lights in my kindergarten classroom

I love when I can combine my love of teaching kindergarten with my love of all things Heidi Swapp.
Each year I change up my Kindergarten classroom just a little depending on my students and depending on what Heidi Swapp goodies are new!
This year I couldn't wait to include some Neon and the Lightbox Glow  as well as the
Regular lightbox. Let me share some of the ideas I have used them for!
My kindergarteners have come along way with their writing in only 6 months at school. Each day we celebrate their writing with one student having their work chosen to be apart of our store writers award!

Heidi Swapp Lightbox classroom decor

I use the Lightbox Glow as a way to share what area we are celebrating. 

Heidi Swapp Lightbox classroom decor

The kids love how each letter glows a different colour. I am using  the 
Black Light Reactive Multi Pack and I like to turn down the lights in the room when I turn on the Lightbox glow for the wow effect.

Heidi Swapp Lightbox classroom decor

 They also get to share the amazing writing on our fun Cat In the Hat stand and my Shine Neon word.  I painted it with some mint paint and then used the mint green Neon wire inside the word.
My students like the freedom of choosing how the Neon light is switched on, either still or flashing!

Heidi Swapp Lightbox classroom decor

I also have an area in my room where most of my teaching happens, I have an awesome interactive whiteboard and on the table where my computer sits I like to share some inspirational quotes to motivate my students. I usually use my regular Lightbox in this area.

Heidi Swapp Lightbox classroom decor

I change the quotes up regularly, for now I am using the Plant Lady Icons and the letters from the Party Accessory kit to spell out my  quote.

Heidi Swapp Lightbox classroom decor

Recently it was science week at out school and I used the Lightbox Glow to help me with a little experiment. We were wanting to make some glowing water so after a little research online, we used the inside of a highlighter, a glass of water and the Lightbox Glow.



The experiment needed a black light to allow the phosphors in the highlighter ink to glow...

Heidi Swapp Lightbox classroom decor

The Lightbox Glow was the perfect black light and we turned off the classroom lights to see what happened.... but we wanted to really take it up a notch so we found an empty storeroom and turned off the lights!

Heidi Swapp Lightbox classroom decor

It wowed me and it certainly wowed my students as well. There were a few squeals and lots of explanations of OOOOOs and AAHHHS!
Having 
Don't forget you can find all the Heidi Swapp lightbox and Neon goodies for your classroom at your local Jo-Ann Craft and Fabric store!

Photobucket

No comments: