Monday, August 6, 2018

Color Pour

I am thrilled to be sharing a fun new project with you today.
American Crafts have just released an exciting new program called Color Pour. It takes all the guess work out of acrylic pouring art because all the measuring of the pouring medium  has been done for you. If you know me you know I am not a messy crafty but this was so simple to use I am going to try it again and again.

American Crafts Color Pour

I have had this MDF wooden cactus in my stash forever and wondered if the Color Pour paints would work...well let me tell you they worked beautifully as you can see above!

American Crafts Color Pour

The collection comes with a variety of packs and paints and I was lucky enough to try the Teal Paint kit that comes with 4 shades of perfectly coordinated colors...

American Crafts Color Pour

... and the gorgeous blue Glitter Kit that contains 3 packs of glitter including the fine aqua and the gorgeous navy blue chunky glitter.

American Crafts Color Pour

I just love the effect that is created. and best of all it was so easy to do. Let me share my process with you.

American Crafts Color Pour

First I gathered my Color Pour supplies, the paint and the glitter.

American Crafts Color Pour

Next I painted my piece of MDF wood with some gesso and allowed it to dry.

American Crafts Color Pour

I found some plastic cups at home, one  larger and 4 smaller shot glasses. I also grabbed  a large  piece of scrap cardboard from a cut up box for  a drip tray.

American Crafts Color Pour

I measured out 4 equal amounts of paint in each small cup just be squirting out the paint.

American Crafts Color Pour

Next I poured the smaller cups into the larger one, pouring the paint from lightest to darkest.

American Crafts Color Pour

I then picked up my cactus, turned it upside down and placed the open mouth of the cup against the wood. I then quickly flipped the cactus over and sat it down on my cardboard. I allowed the paint to drip down for a minute then lifted the cup. The best part was manoeuvring the paint around the cactus by tilting it back and forth until all the surface was covered.

American Crafts Color Pour

I then placed the cactus on three of the small plastic glasses to allow the excess paint to drip down onto the cardboard. I then sprinkled some of the fine aqua glitter onto some of the areas of my paint.

American Crafts Color Pour

I then grabbed the blue glitter and spinkled some on the lower section of the paint.

American Crafts Color Pour

I then left the cactus for 24 hours to dry completely. 

American Crafts Color Pour

I just love how it turned out, my older son claimed it for his study so it looks like I need to make another one! You can find the Colour Pour collection now at your local Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Store.

Photobucket

No comments: