Thursday, February 8, 2018

letterbox and lightbox Winter Games fun!


With the Winter games starting today I wanted to set up a little display in my classroom for my kindergarten class to follow our Australian team. I cleared a shelf in my  classroom and got to work.
Of course I looked no further than the Heidi Swapp Lightbox and Letterboard.
I started with my base, my Australian flag and then layered the Lightbox shelf and the regular lightbox on top.

Heidi Swapp letterboard and lightbox

I used a variety of fonts and icons to add to the fun of it for my kindergarten students.  The icons come from the Hobby Lightbox icon set. They are perfect for the Winter games theme. 

Heidi Swapp letterboard and lightbox

I then grabbed my medium black Letterboard and spelt out the words Gold, Silver and Bronze using the 2 inch letters. I had previously spray painted some of my white 2 inch letters yellow. My plan is to add the small 1 inch letters to the Medal tally as the days go by.

Heidi swapp letterboard

My kindergarteners loved the little set up this morning as they came in to class. We will be learning about the different events as they are shown on the television as well.
 GO AUSSIES GO!

Photobucket

No comments: