Monday, January 22, 2018

Storyline and National Handwriting day!


I have never been a fan of my handwriting, especially in my scrapbooks but I lately I have come to the conclusion that using my handwriting shows a little about me!
Today as we celebrate National Handwriting Day I want to share a recent page  I created using the Heidi Swapp Storyline collection....and let me tell you a little secret the whole page took me less than 20 minutes to put together! The secret....using my handwriting to add my journaling! It saves so much time rather than getting out my type writer or printing it out on my computer.

Heidi Swapp storyline collection

I started with one of the 8x11 pages and created my design around the three round photos. I added some of the Deck of Days cards and the stickers that come in the sticker kit to embellish my page.

Heidi Swapp storyline collection

I then went a head and added my journaling around the photos. The one thing that helped me was to first write my journaling in lead pencil and then trace over it with the pen. It allowed me to play with the spacing and layout of the journaling.

Heidi Swapp storyline collection

To add a touch of fun to my page I hand drew some boxes around a couple of the words and then used some coloured pencils to colour in the boxes. It really finishes off the page well!

Heidi Swapp storyline collection

Once completed I added it into my 8x11 album that I had previously completed all about my sons' birthday parties!



Photobucket

No comments: