Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Heidi Swapp Letterboard Celebrates book week

It's book week here in Australia and I wanted to celebrate the week with my boys and my Heidi Swapp Letterboard.
After I spent a few hours creating my son's costumes for the book week parade I then set about creating a great quote to put on my Letterboard to inspire my boys all week.
 I began with the Extra Large Letterboard, I  then combined the Black, Gold and White (which I spray painted yellow previously) 2 Inch letters and the black 1 inch letters to spell out my quote. I added the word Celebrate from the Celebrate Word set to complete my quote.

Heidi Swapp Letterboard

I just love this photo of my boys. As I was taking photos and asking them to stand in certain places and poses, my youngest who has recently found a love of reading literally kept on reading through each photo snap...it is my new favourite photo, if I had tried to set up this photo I am sure it would have been a failure....but the fact that it is real life and epitomises the essence of Book week it  just makes me so happy.

Heidi Swapp Letterboard

They were dressed in the favourite book characters - my oldest - Minecraft of course LOL and my youngest Geronimo Stilton.

Heidi Swapp Letterboard

A close up of the Letterboard. I love the black, gold and yellow letter combo combined with the glasses and stars from the Every day Icons set. I now have my letter board sitting on our stair case and hope it inspires my boys to continue their love of reading way past Book week!

Photobucket

No comments: