Sunday, June 9, 2019

Heidi Swapp Travel journal

In 2 weeks my family and I are heading to Europe for the trip of a life time! We will be spending 5 weeks travelling around from London, France, Italy and Greece. I wanted to make myself a travel diary to write down my thoughts and favourite places visited so I decided to use the Heidi Swapp Journal Studio Gold Glitter Journal.


I began by adding a couple of Charms to the elastic around the cover. I added one of the Paige Evans charms from her Horizon collation too.


I then took out the "Lets Do This" journal and got to work.  I decided to make a title page for each city we were visiting then count out the number of days spent there and leave that may pages free. I ended up being able to fit our whole trip in the one journal.


I love the way the journal looks inside the gold glitter cover. Each title page was created the same way. I trimmed a piece of white cardstock to fit the page, cut a cut file on my Silhouette cameo then adhered it to the white cardstock. I then adhered the white cardstock to the page. On the opposite side I trimmed a piece off pattern paper to fit the page and then embellished the pages.


I created my title page using a Paige Evans cut file that I cut on white cardstock. I embellished the cut file with some stickers from the Heidi Swapp Color Fresh collection.


Next I added a piece of pattern paper from the Paige Evan's Horizon collection to the left and that suitcase cut file file on the right. I used some of the clear stamps from the collection to embellish the journal card.


For london I used that Paige Evans  clock cut file that I cut in half. On the left I added that pattern paper from the Heidi Swapp Color Fresh collection and embellished with stickers from the Color Fresh sticker booklet. 


For Paris I used another pattern paper from the Color Fresh collection and added some of my vintage Heidi Swapp stamps on the Journal Studio card.


Another peice of Color Fresh pattern paper, washi and ephemera from the Journal Studio collection and that cool cut file from Paige Evans.


The gorgeous pattern paper from the Paige Evans Horizon collection is the perfect way to introduce Florence. I added ephemera from the Journal studio collection and that fun Paige Evans' cut file.


That striped pattern paper again from the Color Fresh collection was the perfect complement to the Adventure Cut file from Paige Evans. 


I found this stunning cut file in the Silhouette store and couldn't wait to use it for my Venice title page. More vintage Heidi Swapp stamping and on the left that striking pattern paper from the Heidi Swapp Color Fresh collection.


Another cute cut file I found in the Silhouette store, more pattern paper from the Color Fresh collection and ephemera from the Journal Studio collection represents Athens.


Finally some bright bold pattern paper from the Paige Evens Horizon collection and layered Journal Studio ephemera pieces kick start my Greek Islands title page. Teamed with that fun Cut file from the Silhouette store and fun stamping completes my travel journal!
We are so excited to go and I cannot wait to fill it up with all of my favourite memories.

Supplies - Heidi Swapp Journal Studio collection,  Heidi Swapp Color Fresh collection, Paige Evans Horizon collection 
Photobucket

No comments: