Sunday, January 27, 2019

DIY ombre Neon word


I am excited to  be sharing a brand new DIY project I created recently using the Heidi Swapp Neon Love word and some American Crafts Moxy glitter! It was such a quick and easy project and I simply love how it turned out! With Ombre still being  a hot trend I couldn't help but use three different glitter colours to add a beautiful pop of colour to my neon word.

Heidi Swapp Neon word

I adore how the three colours of glitter blends so nicely and the glitter adds some gorgeous shimmer and shine!

Heidi Swapp Neon word

Let me share how easy it was to create my Glittery Neon word.


Heidi Swapp Neon word

First I grabbed my Neon word, Moxy glitter, paint to coordinate with the glitter colour, Heidi Swapp Marquee Love glue, and a paint brush.

Heidi Swapp Neon word

I began by painting a layer of aqua paint on the bottom third of my Neon word and allowed it to dry.

Heidi Swapp Neon word

Next I grabbed three colours of glitter from the American Crafts Moxy pack - white, aqua and peacock!

Heidi Swapp Neon word

I then added the white glitter to the top 2 thirds of the word.

Heidi Swapp Neon word

Next I took the aqua glitter and added it to a small section of the bottom.


and then I added the peacock glitter to complete!

Heidi Swapp Neon word

Once the glitter was dry I added the Neon wire into the groove and My Ombre neon word was complete!

Heidi Swapp Neon word

I have my word sitting on my dressing table in our bedroom. I like to turn on the neon at night for a pretty effect!


Photobucket

2 comments:

Kathy Ferguson said...

Love your scrapbook layouts and journaling. Thanks for showing us so many examples of your work. Happy 5th Anniversary Altenew!

Sonja Woodward said...

The video on the glitter sheets was so interesting. Thanks for posting it. Now I can try it.