Tuesday, November 20, 2018

21 reasons to be thankful journal


November is my birthday month and I have been working on  a 21 days to be thankful journal, since my birthday falls on the 21st!
I decided to choose one moment each day to celebrate and be thankful for.  I am using the brand new Journal Studio  collection collaboration from Heidi Swapp and American Crafts and I couldn't be more happier with the outcome so far. Today I want to share the first part of my journal with you.


I started with the Think Happy journal and added the numbers from the ephemera pack.


My first page has a full size photo of my husband and then I use two cards from the Ephemera pack to embellish the left page. I added some journaling using my We R Memory Keepers Typecast typewriter and stamping using Kerri Bradford stamps.



On page 2, I used the fun new Kelly Creates  Brush Lettering Kit , which includes the word stamps and grey ink which allows you to stamp the word and trace over with pens- an easy way to get the brush lettering look.


Ive decided to add my journal into this gorgeous "Give it all you've got" journal cover, I love the soft pretty pink.


Day 4 I used that gorgeous pattern paper from Emerson Lane to cover the left hand side and used one of the tags from the Ephemera pack and my We R Memory Keepers Typecast Typewriter for my journaling.


More gorgeous pattern paper from Emerson Lane covers the right hand page, I added a strip of washi from the washi pack down the centre of the journal  and that fun " plan of Action" sticker from the Sticker booklet.

I also added some strip journaling to some of my pages. I used the new We R Memory Keepers Mini trimmer which is part of the Journal Studio collection  to cut my strips up. It makes it so easy to get precise cuts on smaller pieces and paper and cardstock.


I had to use that gorgeous Flamingo pattern paper from my stash from the Pineapple Crush collection as it matched my photo perfectly. I added some of the Epoxy stickers to accentuate my photo.


My final page to share so far, uses one of Heidi's handwritten words that you can find here that I cut with my Silhouette and sprayed with some Navy Colorshine. I layered it over the sticker from the sticker book that I ran through my Typecast Typewriter to add my journaling.
I just love how my journal is turning out and  I cant wait to share more!

Photobucket

No comments: