Sunday, July 22, 2018

Embrace the glasses


 I am thrilled to be joining the Paige Evans' Silhouette team! I am here to share my first layout with some of Paige’s delicious cut files. As a mum to two boys my scrapbooking mostly revolves around their crazy boyish antics, but occasionally I like to create a page about myself. When I saw the Sunglasses cut file I couldn’t help but be reminded of the glasses I have just begun to wear because of my declining eyesight. I wanted to create a big impact with the glasses so I cut them full size from white cardstock using my Silhouette Cameo.


I wanted a fun eclectic feel to my glasses so using an exacto knife, I trimmed out the horizontal lines in one of the heart lenses. I then laid the glasses cut file down on my base cardstock and added some 1canoe2 constellation rub-ons and then added a clear transparency on the underside of the cut file. I also added in a couple of gold glitter stars punched from gold glitter paper from my stash to create a fun shaker element to my page before laying the white base onto the diagonal black 
and white stripe patterned paper from Crate Paper 



I then used Paper 24 from the Turn the Page collection to back the other lens. I added pop dots all around the under side edge 
of the sunglasses to create some depth and dimension to them.


Thanks for joining me here today!

Photobucket

No comments: