Saturday, April 28, 2018

Tell your story


Recently I found a box of photos that were collecting dust in a wooden box in my home. I pulled them out and many  of them were photos nearly 18 years old from when my husband and I were first dating. They were covered in dust and as I cleaned them up parts of the stories starting to come back. ... it made me sad that I couldn't recall the finer details of the events. It has made me appreciate even more why I love this passion called Scrapbooking. I wanted to get a story down fast so as not to forget it even  more so I grabbed a  Heidi Swapp Storyline page and some of the Deck Of Days cards from the collection and got to work.

Heidi Swapp Storyline collection

I only had one photo from this story, so I  printed it in black and white and then found a few Deck of Days cards that emitted the feeling I wanted to convey and played around with my design and marked with a pencil where  I would place my photo. 

Heidi Swapp Storyline collection


Before I adhered my photo I ran the whole sheet through my We R Memory Keepers Typecast typewriter to add my journaling.

Heidi Swapp Storyline collection

 I then adhered my photo and Deck of Days cards with pop dots to the left of my photo.

Heidi Swapp Storyline collection


I did some hand stitching around my journaling then used Jane Davenport Coloured pencils to hand write my title. 
I love how quickly and easily my layout came together and can't wait to add the layout to my album. You can find the  Storyline Deck Of Days cards and Albums at your local Michaels stores!

Photobucket

No comments: