Monday, October 12, 2015

Instax photo display for my husband!

When I received the new Heidi Swapp Instax wood blocks recently I knew straight away what I wanted to do with them...create a display for my husband to take to his work. You see my husband works out of town and commutes Monday mornings interstate for his work. I wanted to create a special gift for him to put on his desk and think of us everytime he looks at it!
It was easy to start off my display, I grabbed my FujiFilm Instax Share Sp-1 printer, mobile phone and the Wood Photo blocks. Using the Instax share App on my phone I was able to printer photos directly from my phone to the printer!


I wanted to keep the photo display masculine, no frilly bows, sequins  or pink here so I let the photos and Wood blocks speak for themselves!
@kimjeffress @heidiswapp #heidiswapp #hsinstax #hsstickers #givethegiftofmemories


Let's take a look at each block. On the Hello Gorgeous Wood Block  I added one of the Puffy Stickers  from the Sticker collection. I then adhered some of the Glitter Stickers from the Instax Glitter sticker set to the photo. To complete I punched a heart from some Yellow pattern paper and slipped it into the slot next to my photo.

@kimjeffress @heidiswapp #heidiswapp #hsinstax #hsstickers #givethegiftofmemories

On the This Moment block I slipped in two Instax photos of my boys. On the left photo I added that sheer sticker from the Instax Sticker set and glitter star from the Glitter set. On the right photo I trimmed another sticker from Instax Sticker set and used that gold clip to add it to the top of the photo.

@kimjeffress @heidiswapp #heidiswapp #hsinstax #hsstickers #givethegiftofmemories

The You + Me block holds another single photo this time with the full Instax sticker that covers the front of the photo. I love the subtle pattern that gives a masculine feel to the photo. I used my tiny attacher to staple another sheer sticker to the side of the photo.

@kimjeffress @heidiswapp #heidiswapp #hsinstax #hsstickers #givethegiftofmemories

To the XOXO block I simply slipped in that White Acetate  breathe word from the Sticker collection available right now at Michaels. 

@kimjeffress @heidiswapp #heidiswapp #hsinstax #hsstickers #givethegiftofmemories

Hiding right at the back of the pack I stacked two of the blocks on top of each other and trimmed down that Decisions Determine Destiny 3x4 card from the Picturesque Core kit. I simply slipped it into the block and added in one of my son's Lego figures just as another reminder of home!

@kimjeffress @heidiswapp #heidiswapp #hsinstax #hsstickers #givethegiftofmemories

I've packed the pieces in a little box with a photo of how to set the blocks up on his desk. when he arrives at work on Monday and opens his bag there will be a special little surprise waiting for him!
I love that I can give him the Gift Of Memories so easily and simply with these Wood Blocks!

Supplies: Instax Share SP-1 printer; Heidi Swapp Instax Stickers Heidi Swapp Instax Wood Blocks, Heidi Swapp Instax Stickers, Project Life Picturesque Core kit, Puffy Number Stickers, Acetate Words Black and White

Photobucket

4 comments:

Lizzy Hill said...

What a wonderful idea! And then you can swap the photos/ bits in the blocks around when you get some different snaps! Love how you used the transparency too.....great guy gift. He'll be thrilled! Bit of a hard thing working away like that. Hope he doesn't have to do it too long:):)

Natalie said...

This is sensational. What a great idea and looks amazing. I'm sure your husband will be proud to display the pics on his desk. Love the look of it all.

alexandra s.m. said...

Very pretty displays Kim!
Thank You~

Linda said...

These look fabulous Kim. I bet your husband loves them.